Saturday, April 27, 2013

Outside reactions to intersex

I had a friend of mine who went to Fredonia, who was intersex. We will call her Sammy to protect her name. Sammy was a man, or had masculine mannerisms,  when she first met her. But then she decided to try the female side, by trying new hormones and getting surgery, and she is happy with her body. Sammy decided to get the surgery so that she would have the female parts, instead of the male parts (she had ambiguous genitalia).

I was a little freaked out at first when she told me all of this before she had the surgery. But if I put that all aside, I really didn't care about that. I am still friends with Sammy, and I've seen many of her friends leave her because she started to become a woman, because apparently that started to scare people. I know that there are some people that change sexes, intersex or not, and some people get freaked out by it, and don't want to be with that person. I feel that any person, of any sex, should be able to live their lives, and not be shunned by people. It's sad to see that even society still is scared of gay couples and intersex beings. Times are changing, and some people need to get over those ideas.

No comments:

Post a Comment