Saturday, February 16, 2013

In Response to Meghan's post

Meghan, I agree with the fact that conjoined twins are not "normal" but what really is normal in our society? I mean to them, we are not "normal" because they see 2 people in 1 body as normal and we don't fit that "mold" in their eyes. Also, I often question what would happen if my brother and I were conjoined, instead of fraternal twins. Our lives would be obviously different. Like I mentioned in class, Derek and I may be at his work right now flipping/making McD's food; or he could be next to me, interfering with me doing this blog post comment-thingy.
In other words, conjoined twins are not "normal" but its easy to think of how they are different from us. We should look at it from their perspective more and see how their life is not different, but how it is unique and amazing.
I wondered why they (conjoined twins) were seen as entertainment. I mean its sick to think that our ancestors went to see them at circuses because they were just different. I mean if I was alive 100 years ago, that would be a silly way to spend a day. Even in today's time, its silly and looked-down-upon to treat people as "others." To think that people did this only 100 years ago proves how our society is changing for the better and how we can treat people as friends, not as "freaks!"

~Chad S.

No comments:

Post a Comment