Saturday, April 20, 2013

Size doesn't matter

In thursdays class the question was asked does size matter? After all was said and done I would say no. I had heard in the past that female brains were actually smaller than a males when I was younger. I never really looked into it though, I always thought it was just young boys making fun of girls. Much like having cooties. However when it was explained why there was a size difference it made sense to me. Even if it wasn't explained as to why there is a difference in size and I was only told that there was a difference I still would have said no. Because I know plenty of women than are much smarter than me so it wouldn't have been anything that would have changed my mind

1 comment:

  1. Even as a child, we're introduced with the idea that men are in general more intelligent than women. We are not necessarily taught that mens' brains are larger, but we are introduced to the notion of superior male intelligence. May I recall the popular saying, "boys go to college to get more knowledge, girls go to Jupiter to get more stupider." Throughout my days in daycare, I never once recall a counselor addressing us repeating this to young girls.

    ReplyDelete