Saturday, April 20, 2013

In response to Meghan’s Post-Interdisciplinary Studies:


I agree with you that it’s valuable for students to take interdisciplinary classes. I think it is beneficial in broadening a person’s education, but also for them to learn things in a different way. For me as a biology major, I was required to take an upper level class outside of my major, such as History of Authority. Unknowing that this class would be about medico-science, I was not very interested in having to take a class that would not pertain to what I wanted to study. But, now taking this class even though it does relate to things I enjoy learning about, it has also taught me to see things in a new way, which I find valuable. I think having CCC’s are important in a college institution because it does allow students to be forced to take a variety of classes and really learn about their interests and passions that they may not have realized before. Also, I think it provides a way for students to get out of their comfort zone in which they usually only study and focus on one subject.
-emothersell

No comments:

Post a Comment