Saturday, May 4, 2013

Missing Arm vs. Tattoos

Going off our conversation we had on Thursday about where tattoos should be acceptable, I think in the end the issue will never be 100% solved. People will always have different opinions on what is the most appropriate way to look. I think the best thing any tattoo having person can hope for is the world just getting used to them. Even though tattoos have been around for a long time, people still feel this since of distraction and unprofessionalism towards them. It has gotten better though; certain professions  have started to allow them. Personally I have seem several professors, artists, doctors and dentist with him. Like I said in class whenever I see someone with tattoos it puts me at ease because I connect a since of openness with anyone who has a tattoo. Not everyone is going to feel that though, which it totally okay. It's like when certain restaurants only hire "attractive" waitress or hostess because they feel that they will have a better business. Issues like these will always be opinion based, which I feel gives people who have tattoos a greater shot of winning people over.

Also I'd like to talk more about how tattoos can be seen as a distraction. I agree that tattoos are something that makes you different from others but how is having a tattoo any less distracting then someone missing an arm? Is it because people choose to get tattoos and usually people don't choose to get their arm cut off? Does having sympathy for said person make it an "okay distraction"?  Bringing it into education and teachers, would someone not hire a teacher with say one leg or one arm simply because it would be a distraction to the kids? I don't see why your body has really anything to do with how someone teaches children. If those distractions are to the extreme, then maybe yes I could see there being as issue but anything less then that I don't.



No comments:

Post a Comment