Sunday, March 17, 2013

Human Injustice

My post for last week concerns the Tuskegee Syphilis Experiment.  After engaging in the class discussion I can say that I was thoroughly surprised to hear about such an experiment.  Now I understand that this was a completely different time period from what we live in today.

I think that we should all understand that during this time period black people were not even considered to be remotely equal to whites.  Moreover, the racial segregation they faced would not be overcome for decades to come.  With this in mind I'd still like to point out that it was an act of injustice to people.  Regardless of race this kind of testing should not be tolerated.

It is unethical to us, but perhaps not to those living in the time period.  However, in today's day and age we can recognize that each human being is born with certain rights that should not be infringed upon.  Hence the reason I felt that it was an unjust act to administer such a detrimental disease into the test subjects' bodies.  So to summarize, this act was unethical, and unjust to invade a human being's natural born rights, and now that we know, we can prevent such injustices from happening in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment