Friday, May 10, 2013

Plastic Surgery Thoughts

As we were talking about plastic surgeries and especially thinking about bridalplasty I remembered a TV show I had watched a long time ago and wanted to reflect on that. I believe this show came on when I was in middle school, over 8 years ago. But the show was on mtv or vh1 and it was about a woman who was getting plastic surgery (I tried to find it, but have not yet). This sounds standard with what we had already talked about, however, this woman was perfectly in shape and already a model. But this woman wanted to have a tummy tuck and surgery on her chest. Her entire reasoning was to have a layout in playboy magazine. She was only ten pounds from her goal weight, but surgery was her solution. Now this show obviously made an impact on me, and I can imagine many others her were watching. I guess this exemplifies what plastic surgery kind of means to myself, personally I feel people often have surgery for very shallow reasons. And to make these varying plastic surgery shows so often just encourages the negative thinking about our "natural" selves. So should we be taking such a serious surgery and process and making them into game shows or shows at all?

No comments:

Post a Comment